Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Traditional Bathroom with Rustic Elements


This bathroom is very traditional in design with the white subway tile, gray textured walls, white trim and polished chrome hardware. I added a few rustic elements. I designed and built the washstand. It is wrought iron with reclaimed boards, a Kohler square sink, and Moen faucet. I decided to add an oval mirror in a room with mostly square elements. It works well. I designed, and had Paul Alstead build, the medicine cabinet for the tight space.The overall feel of this bathroom is very airy and clean with the white trim, towels, and subway tiles. I love incorporating shabby and rustic elements into traditional environments, it creates interest and depth. I designed this bathroom with space (or what little space I had to work with) in mind. I chose to run the white subway tile up higher than normal and put in a taller window to allow more light in. I choose to paint the walls and ceiling with a soft gray and had the cabinet built a few inches taller and with glass inserts. The vanity had to be custom built because the distance from tub to vanity was very narrow. The wood floors also give a sense of openness. If i would have used tile on the floors the grout lines would have broken up the space even more. For more information on the design and construction of this bathroom or to set up a design consultation for your next project, please contact Cole D. Campbell at Campbell Kitchen & Bath: (806) 316-6744 Amarillo, Texas 79109 colecampbell2003@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment